Happy Handmade Christmas Swap!
being on less consumerism
and more things made from the heart
we thought we would focus on something
that was less "big box"
and more "home made."
Don't think you have to sew
to be in this swap!
In fact, we are finding more fun things to do
that are made in the kitchen
or at the craft table
than at the sewing machine or off the knitting needles.
garlands, wreaths, boxes full of goodies,
cookies and gingerbread houses, oh my!
Put some Christmas music on, browse through our
posts of inspiration (coming soon!) and
sign up for our swap to join in on some
happy handmade Christmas!
1. When can I sign up?: right now! Deadline is Sat. Nov. 15.
2. Who’s my partner?: We will send out your partner info via e-mail around Nov. 15 or 16
3. What goes into a package?: Anything handmade!
a handmade garland or banner,
some delicious cookies along with the recipes,
a jingle bell wreath, handmade soaps or lotions,
your own designed earrings or bracelet,
burn a CD full of all of your favorite songs,
an ornament that you knitted, sewed, glued, or folded,
homemade bath salts, handmade candies,
an advent calender, or a December Daily binder.
If you would like you could also throw in some:
beautiful tissue paper, bright colored ribbons, twine,
raffia, colored or striped tape, tulle,
small items to be tied on top of packages,
Christmas scrapbook papers, Christmas fabric scraps,
vintage Christmas sheet music,
some tea for calming frazzled nerves, a delicious treat.
4. How to I join in on all this fun?: send us an email at
- email address
- blog address (if you have one)
- describe your Christmas/Holiday
Please note: This is an International swap, so if you do not want to ship internationally,
5. How much should this package be worth or How do I know how much to send?: We would like everyone to make one handmade gift item for their partner
and include a CD of your favorite Christmas music or a Christmas magazine issue that has inspired you this Holiday season. Anything extra, is up to you.
In the spirit of the swap, let's try to keep the monetary expenditures at a minimum
but the joy of the season at a maximum. :)