Friday, December 14, 2007

how lovely are your branches...

One of my sweetest sweetest memories is the first year we got married, was our total excitement to decorate our Christmas tree. We were giddy, we had been married 4 months and that to us felt like a little family event. We danced and sang around our living room, and just by thinking back Im transformed there.
This year setting up our tree was different, that was a very crabby baby napping, The hubby was running up and down stairs helping the garage repair man, I was exhausted from shopping at 3am and had the sniffles. Plus this year we forgo the hunt for the perfect fresh tree and in light of baby who eats everything broke down and bought a fake tree. I thought I would hate it. I thought it wouldn't be the same, and we even said if we only keep it a year it was the price of real tree normally. But something about it all decorated, it is "our" tree as normal, and even though daily life caught up with us, the second all of our special things started adorning that little plastic tree... in an instance it was ours.
And then we went and got baby up from her nap, and we danced and sang around our tree. And isn't that what Christmas trees are all about to spark a reminder of the joy of the season. I hope your Christmas tree gives you much much domestic bliss.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

such a sweet little tree post...and your "plastic" tree looks amazing! I love how you strung the ribbon through it...so elegant.

Connie said...

Leslie,
Your Babykins is adorable! Merry Christmas to you and your little family!

Chelle said...

Leslie, you knew that Connie is my own dear mom right?

Anonymous said...

Baby is such a cutie!!!!!

Leslie said...

You know what Chelle. I remember that I thought from a while back but had forgotten until I saw a comment on your blag signed nana... :)
So sweet. How cool is it that you guys are so close.

Little Candle said...

Leslie,
The tree is lovely and the sweet little girl underneath it makes it more then perfect. A Happy Christmas to you all.

Sarah :)

Chelle said...

Link for my Christmas tree show-and-tell:


http://the-value-of-cheerfulness.blogspot.com/2007/12/merry-making.html